I think Rocket League is a fantastic idea (see here). Unfortunately, there are a few problems that have stopped me from enjoying it and may eventually stop me from playing altogether.
Something like 20% of my 2v2 Ranked Matches result in two players against me alone. People quit, lose connection, etc. I get it. The problem is Rocket League’s reaction (or lack thereof). First, no matter how long I wait, I never receive another teammate. Were it an exhibition, I might try my luck and take any score as moral victory. However this is a ranked match, where the points matter, so that’s not a good option. Second, if I quit the match, my rank goes down anyway. This is a no win situation completely within Rocket League’s control that should have been handled prior to release.
When I do have a teammate, only 10% are actually contributory. The other 90% are one of two variations. First, the imbeciles who either do not understand how the game is played or do not care for the rules. They fly around the arena, do flips in front of the enemy goal, or any number of truly infuriating nonsenses. Second, the imperialist pigs who have decided only they are worthy of touching the ball. Attempt to broach this unwritten law and you will be destroyed... immediately... for the rest of the game. No matter how straight your aim, no matter how clear the goal, if their name doesn’t appear during the replay, it is a crime. Both cases are nightmare fuel made worse by a ranking system that prevents me from leaving.
Again, I think Rocket League is a fantastic idea, but once I graduated from AI exhibitions, I encountered a veil of annoyance that no amount of excellent mechanics can pierce.